Google

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ipoh Hong Kee Egg Tarts


When i blogged on Ipoh Nam Fong's egg tarts in February 2008, my colleagues recommended that i should try Ipoh Hong Kee egg tarts. Hong Kee Confectionery is one of those old established bakeries in Ipoh. I was told that the tarts will be fully sold by 10.30 am.
I've forgotten about the tarts until this morning when i was passing by Jalan Cockman in Ipoh. I stopped my car beside Kedai Kopi Weng Seng, which Hong Kee Confectionery is located inside the coffee shop and buy some egg tarts for my office colleagues.

The tart cost RM1.20 each. The crust is creamy and thick while the egg mixture filling is smooth and soft. As a comparison with other places, the egg tarts here is slightly bigger and heavier. Definitely voted by me as one of the best egg tarts in Ipoh!
The boss informed that that the tarts are halal and he has a lot of Muslim customers!

2 comments:

Doc said...

Yummy Seteck, can ta pow for me, plus some ipoh white coffee ok? Keep on blogging. Wonder if we can meet up before I go to Aussie.

Anak Malaysia said...

Aiyah, Egg Tarts mah...simple loh! Anywhere can buy anywhere and cheap cheap loh! Even many little sweet dolls from China can bake good egg tarts better taste than any local bakers. Believe it or not.

No need to go Ipoh HK for egg tarts mah unless pamelos are special fruits that you can't plant in anywhere in the world. Yes, pamelos are the best fruit available in Tambun & Ampang in Ipoh only. You cannot find pamelo in any part of the world. Eeee haaaa