Google

Monday, August 13, 2007

Australian Wagyu Beef @ Maria, Ipoh



Last Saturday, August 11, 2007, i brought my family together with my mother-in-law to have western lunch. An occasion to celebrate MIL coming birthday. Though my MIL dislike western meal.


Having read so much of Maria Restaurant, an uptown western restaurant located at the Greentown, Ipoh, we decided to patronise the place.





MIL ordered Grill Salmon, my wife ordered set lunch i.e grill chicken in traditional herbs while my daughter, Ernni ordered Pineaple chicken chop. As for me, i always wanted to try kobe/wagyu beef. Looking at the price list, Japanese Kobe beef cost RM165/100 gm and Australian Wagyu beef cost RM75/100 gm.

I ordered a 230 gm Australian Wagyu beef, grill to medium well done. Recommended to eat the beef either medium or medium well done.

How is it taste? Grainny, juicy and tender. I like it despite the price! The cost, RM172.50 for a 230 gm piece of Australian Wagyu beef! I couldn't wait to try Kobe beef.

No comments: